Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesdays

Dammit!!!

I have gained 0.8 pounds. I went to the gym on Monday and Tuesday but still didn't lose weight. How could that have happened? I mean all I ate yesterday was half of a chocolate muffin, a salad, some ham, stuffing, pumpkin cheese grits, scalloped potatoes...

cheesecake, a roll...

fruit salad...pumpkin pecan bar thing...

uh, and more salad, steak... um, Baby Ruth...

drumstick ice cream...

Oh...

... That's why.

Ok, so considering it all, I should be happy that I didn't gain 50 pounds. Give me a break, we had our Thanksgiving potluck at work yesterday. Bad excuse, I know.

So, yes, I fell off the wagon. But the holiday season is haaaarrrddd! *insert whiney voice here*

No more excuses.

I am going to be a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding in June. I refuse to be the heffer that ruined their pictures. My original goal was to lose 80 pounds (good god, what is that, the equivalent of a 10-year-old?!?!?!).

Since December of 2008, I have lost a total of 19.8 pounds.

Great, so now I just have to lose the equivalent of an 8-year-old.

Remember affirmations. I will! I will! I will!

2 comments:

Pam Harris said...

Aren't holidays the worst? And to think, I'm deciding to crack down on my eating habits on my next round of grocery shopping, which is this weekend. Which is the weekend before Thanksgiving. What the hell am I thinking? We'll strive through it, though. By the way, almost 20 pounds in a year ROCKS. I actually think that I've gained that same amount in that time. You are definitely doing something right. :)

YoUr_MoM said...

Congrats on the bridesmaid gig! I had fun during my stint.