Monday, November 2, 2009

Coffee Anyone?

In my quest to save money, I had John buy a coffee maker.

I decided that Starbucks is not very good for my bank account and one of the ways to save money would be to buy a coffee maker and make my own damn coffee in the morning. Really though, the reason we don't have a coffee maker is because I can't drink it. Coffee works like a fast acting laxative for me. My brother's fiance drinks coffee the moment she wakes up to make herself - ahem! - go number two before she leaves for work so she won't have to go while at work. Brilliant! Nothing more embarassing than running to the public bathroom at work and squeezing your cheeks to hold it in when someone else walks in. (How is that for TMI?)

Anyhoo, John and I head to our favorite Saturday hang-out: Target. We go down the coffee maker aisle and we both pick the same one. Perfect! Between Saturday and Sunday, John brewed coffee four or five times! How in the world did this man live without a coffee maker for so long? Has he been personally financing the Starbucks employees payroll?!

Then I realized the real reason for all the coffee brewing. John is a tech nerd. I thought he just loved all of the new game consoles and computery stuff, but apparently it is worse than I thought. It looks like any new appliance will give him his "new toy" high.

Have I introduced John to you all yet? He is my fiance/beta book reader/baby daddy. And we can add another slash to that: /mad coffee fiend. Here is a picture of him and our daughter, Bella, from Halloween 2005.


Photobucket

1 comment:

YoUr_MoM said...

Ummm... shouldn't that be a coffee/hot chocolate maker for you? Last time I remember getting "coffee" with you, it was more like a little coffee with your hot chocolate.