Friday, May 21, 2010

Tatted Up

Blogging cousins, Pam and Marquita, are followers of YA Highway who posted a question that I loved so much that I have to blog about it.

The question of the week was, "What tattoo would you get to pay homage to a favorite book or celebrate the success of your own?"

I don't know that there is a book out there that I love so much that I would get it tattooed on me. But I do have one completed book. A book I am so attached to that I would have no problems getting a two inch tattoo of - drum roll please! - a MIXTAPE! Oh, and pink, of course. I couldn't find a picture of anything I really liked, so I sketched this:


Ok, I was joking about the "Author!" thing, but you get the idea. Not quite sure where I would put it, either on the back of my neck, right below my hairline and off to the side a bit, or on my back, right below the bra line also to the side. But that second option would only be possible if I wasn't eating this:

The anti-diet.

There is nothing sexy about a bra line tattoo if my bra is cutting into my back fat. Maybe next summer, when I have reached, and am comfortably maintaining, my goal weight!

But don't worry, because thanks to my personal handyman, I now have this at home to work off the anti-diet "snack" I had:

I am still planning on waking up at 4:45 on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that I can run on the track because I really like the fresh air. But I figure I up my running regimen and get on the treadmill to jog/walk a mile every morning. I will let you know how that goes. You know me and my "goals"!

Anyway, what about you? Not all of you write, so what kind of tattoo would you get to commemorate accomplishing your biggest goal?

4 comments:

Pam Harris said...

4:45? Wow, that's dedication! This week, I'm starting exercising again since I already gained back 4 pounds from my latest weight loss. I blame revising...and ribs...and ice cream cakes...and, well you get the point. :) BTW, I'm loving that mix tape tattoo idea. Definitely original!

Marquita Hockaday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marquita Hockaday said...

4:45 am? I can barely function at 6 am! That really is dedication right there! The mixtape tat idea is sooo awesome. I almost wish my novel was about the same thing so I could steal your idea. And thanks for the mention on your blog- that's always cool :)

germaine said...

omg you wouldn't get one on your neck. remember brenda?

i like the mix tape tattoo idea though. but sorry to inform you that i already have one. right next to my walkman tattoo with headphones. no, but seriously, it's cute and i think you should get it. on your huge massively ripped bicep, next to the heart mom that you got last summer when you were drunk.

can't believe you have a treadmill. i'm so coming over. like daily.

oh, and nice work with the burgermaster. might hit that up this afternoon. thanks a lot.

as for me and what type of tattoo i would get, well i would commemorate having my kids, so i would probably get tattoos of stretch marks on top of the real ones to make it look like i got them on purpose. won't see that on every chick walking down the beach.