Monday, May 10, 2010

Proud New Owner Of...


That's right! I got a Kindle for Mother's Day for being such an awesome mama! I was so excited that I cried! Actual tears of joy streaming down my face. I was a bit embarrassed by my reaction because I hate to seem so materialistic! But John did really good this year.

John knew I was interested in a Kindle after a co-worker brought hers in and I fell in love with it. Then I told him about how I was juggling a hardcopy of the The Luxe, by Anna Godbersen, on the elliptical at the gym, and a girl got on a machine next to me, placed her super slim Kindle on the machine and put her hands on the handles and started booking it on the machine. Meanwhile, I am only using my legs to power the machine because my hands were busy holding this huge (433 pages to be exact!) book open. I knew right then and there that I would need to invest in some kind of a digital reader if I was planning on continuing my quest to be a gym rat.

So thank you to John for always making Mother's Day so special! Hmm, now how am I supposed to top this on Father's Day?

And thank you to my absolutely gorgeous little girl, Bella! Because without her existence, I wouldn't have been one of the lucky celebrated people yesterday.

4 comments:

Pam Harris said...

Woo hoo! I would've cried, too. :) Happy Belated Mothers Day!

germaine said...

omg i'm so jealous! of your kindle and of your great man!!

Unknown said...

Holy crap I'm jealous! What an amazing man you have! Don't ever get rid of him, I don't know how you'll be able to top it! Buy him a flat screen TV maybe??

Cheyanne said...

woohoo! I got a sony reader for mother's day, I didn't think to blog about it but maybe I should :)