Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday #13

I warned you that this was going to be a bad week since I was getting sick. It wasn't my worst case scenario, but I did gain 1.2 pounds. A lot of that is due to Germaine throwing a party on Sunday and she always has the best dishes!

If you watch The Biggest Loser, you will know that Sunshine lost six pounds and is now at 202. I know I won't be able to keep up with her weight-loss, but I am certainly going to keep at my own personal goal.

My bridesmaid dress comes in on April 17th, and I am hoping to fit into the dress by then. I will have to lose at least 10 pounds in order for the top to fit, and I think I can manage that. Lauren let me borrow her Kim Kardashian workout DVD, so hopefully Kim can work me into a Bridesmaid dress by the 17th!

On that note, I have to finally say that I do not recommend Jenny McCarthy's Wii workout. I gave her a chance and she isn't doing it for me. She does basically all the same movements day after day, no matter what part of the body you chose to work out. Plus, after her yelling at me for not doing the exercise properly, I got kudos after I walked out to grab water, "That's it! You are doing great!" I figure that was her way of saying that I was better off not doing her DVD.

Weight: 209.2 lbs.
Reason for Weight-Loss: John agreed to give me $500 towards a new wardrobe if I lost 50 pounds! Don't worry, he isn't a total d-bag ... this was my suggestion to him so that I could motivate myself to lose weight. This deal has been going on since July 2009. Since our agreement, I have lost a whopping 3.8 pounds (John and I made the agreement when I was at 213 pounds. I should've thought of it when I was 230!).

3 comments:

Marquita Hockaday said...

Congrats :) I've lost about 14 on my journey so far :( And it is so frustrating- my cuz and I are doing the Biggest Loser on Wii and I noticed the same thing that you said- when I'm trying and working my a** off I won't get any credit, but when I just lay there I get "Good job! Look at you go! I know those legs are cooking..." It is uber annoying!!! BTW- you have a great motivator :)

germaine said...

well, hopefully we can burn some during airobics. i know i lost like 800 pounds that one day. i still don't know if i can go yet, but it would be fun especially if your bro joins us.

btw, thanks for complimenting my parties. at least we lost calories by laughing so hard during quelf!

Pam Harris said...

As my cuz mentioned above, we have been busting our butts with the Biggest Loser Wii game, and we both have cried out in frustration at our "trainers." I think I may have even waved my fists a few times. Thanks for the heads up about the Jenny McCarthy DVD, though. I was thiiiis close to buying it.