Monday, March 1, 2010

Omigod! Omigod You Guys!

Welcome back to work everyone! Hope your weekend was fabulous because mine was! My weekend included trying a new yummy restaurant that I will blog about later on. I also went to see Legally Blonde The Musical at The 5th Avenue Theatre last night and seriously, to take a quote from the soundtrack: Omigod! Omigod you guys!

This musical was effing awesome! Super cute and hysterical! Ok, enough with the exclamation points.The main reason that we bought season tickets to the theatre was because of Legally Blonde. I have been so looking forward to this play because I love the movie so much. But with such high expectations, I was worried that I would be let down. I couldn't have been farther from the truth!

It was funny (maybe even funnier than the movie!) and had really great songs and the actors were great singers. We had a whole list of understudies for our show, but after it started I didn't care. One of the regular cast members, Rhiannon Hansen (who managed to make it to our show last night), was actually a contestant on MTV's Legally Blonde The Musical: The Search for Elle Woods. Sadly, she was one of the low points of the musical because I couldn't understand half the things she was singing/saying/blurting out.

One of the cool things about the play was that they used actual animals to play Bruiser and Paulette's dog. They were too cute! One of the other highlights was Paulette and her UPS loverrrr. The actor who portrayed the UPS guy played the part perfectly and nearly had me in tears. A must see in my book!

Ok, I am back to exclamation points. Time to end post here.

No comments: