Thursday, February 25, 2010

Step 1: Become a Walker!

How fabulous are these rain boots?!


They can be purchased here and I am hoping these will fit because my calves currently hold the record for largest circumference in the Guinness Book of World Records; therefore, I have the hardest time finding knee high or mid-calf boots. It runs in my family.

I recently met two other receptionists that work at another building who have inspired me. They walk every single day during their lunch. Even in the winter of 2008, when Washington State had huge snowfall, they still went trudging around. The only time they don’t go is when it is windy and rainy, because at that point, nothing you do will keep you dry. But if it is just rain, they walk. Just wind, they walk. Just snow, they walk. I  actually enjoy walking around outside so I have decided to become a walker. But I am ill prepared for life outdoors in the Seattle area and need to stock up on weather appropriate shoes and coats. I know, living here, I really should have every piece of rain proof wear out there, but I don't. I am more of an indoor cat. Was more of an indoor cat.  

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I NEED THOSE BOOTS!!

And I'm bringing my walking shoes to work so I can join you on your daily walks.

Pam Harris said...

I absolutely LOVE walking. My cousin and I strap our iPods on our arms, and don't even realize if we've walked an hour (we're too busy rocking out!). I'm actually mad when I can't because of cold weather--but if those two receptionists can walk in the snow, I need to stop being a baby and slap on a coat. :)