Monday, February 1, 2010

Welcome To Day One!

Happy Monday! And welcome to Day One of Phase One on The South Beach Diet! I love when the first of the month falls on a Monday! There is something so promising about starting anything on Monday the 1st.

Today is actually my first Monday back at work in three weeks. Jan 11th I stayed home because my daughter was sick. Jan 18th was MLK Day - no work. And then we all know what happened last Monday (ouch!). So forgive me if I start to get grouchy as the week goes on as this will be my first five-day work week in over three weeks!

Ok, now that I have rambled on about my lack of ambition to come into work, onto the diet!

First off, I didn't realize that "SBD" could be misinterpreted as "silent, but deadly", so I will likely stop referring to The South Beach Diet as such. A special thanks to Germaine for pointing that out. 

Other than the name snafu, I am feeling pretty good about attempt number 5,801 to lose weight. Don't all diets give you that feeling in the beginning? But there is a main reason I am excited about this round - TOFU NOODLES!

My fellow dieter, Lauren, loves tofu and found these wonderful tofu noodles. I tried them a week ago and love them! They will surely work in curbing my craving for pasta this month. There is definitely a texture difference between tofu noodles and flour pasta. When you bite into the tofu noodles, they have more of a - hmm, what's the word? Crunch? Snap? Basically, they aren't as chewy soft as flour or whole wheat pasta. But for those of you that are "low-carb and loving it", these are a staple.

No comments: