Tuesday, February 23, 2010

And the Extra-Curriculars Have Begun!

Last Monday, I took my daughter to a trial class at a kid's gymnastics place. It started out pretty rough. Mama had to run the warm-up lap with the rest of the 4-year-olds because Bella was too timid to jump into the class. I could hear the snickers of the other parents who were posted up on the viewing deck.

Luckily, Bella warmed up and thoroughly enjoyed the rest of class. I signed her up right away! It is a weekly class held on Mondays. I was bummed becaused Mondays are usually my good gym days. But ultimately, this works out:

5:00 Off work (HALLELUJAH!)
5:10 Pick Bella up
5:30 Go to gym and do 45 minutes of cardio
6:15 Leave gym and head to gymnastics
6:30 Arrive at gymnastics right on time because Mommy didn't allot for us to dilly dally.
6:31 Mommy perfectly sitting on a bench, writing her second book feverishly for 45 uninterrupted minutes
7:15 Leave gymnastics for home!

I haven't been doing much writing lately. Life just gets in the way. I have been working on my second book (which I have temporarily titled America's Match-Up) for over six months now and am only 9,000 words in. I am really excited about being able to pick up on book two because I really didn't think I could come up with a better story idea than Mix Tape, but I am really starting to fall in love with the way the story is progressing in my head for America's Match-Up.

That's it for now. See you tomorrow for Weigh-In Wednesdays! Oh mama is nervous about tomorrow's weigh-in (types the bad dieter as she eats a McDonald's cheeseburger). Not looking good. But I have managed to stay off the scale this entire week (I am an obsessive weigherer - real word? No? Should be). Unfortunately, I have also managed to stay out of the gym, except for Sunday. My pecs, triceps and shoulders are still screaming in pain! 

No comments: