Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday #5

Color me upset! Oh, and happy! I'll explain...

This week, which saw me through one full week of the dreaded Phase I of The Diet, I lost weight. This past week I have experienced banana withdrawals, attempted diet sabatoge by TWO people, survived a super bowl party with lots of yummy food I couldn't have, and constantly feeling hungry because of the lack of bread in my system. But I pushed through! I made it through week one! All of the pain was worth it for an astonishing - you ready for this? - ZERO POINT FOUR POUNDS!

Wait.

What?!

One week of pure torture to not even lose a pound?! Not even half a pound?! I really don't even know what to say. I was pissed! All that hard work for shit. Sorry, profanity is totally called for at this point! The only explanation that I can think of is that I have gone to the gym only once in the past week whereas my body was used to at least three days of cardio. But my eating habits were insanely good this past week! I haven't eaten vegetables this much since, well, since the last time I tried to do this diet.

So, should I just give up on this diet and torture myself with something else? No. I am a new woman with a new outlook on weight-loss. I will not consider this a setback (even though deep down I really do!) and will keep on trucking. Onward to week two of Phase I!

Ok then, onto happier news! My fellow bloggess, TheShoppingGirl, has awarded me a blogging award! Ok, so we're friends and it is more a personal thing, but whatever, I will take it! I don't really have time to post all about it now, but I will for tomorrow's post! See you then!

No comments: