Friday, February 5, 2010

My Cheaper Side and South Pacific

Happy Friday!!!

Ah, I made it through my first five day week since the week of January 4! It was tough, but I came out the other side just fine. Of course it is early yet!

First, I wanted to share with you what a cheapskate I am. Yes, I am a self-declared shopaholic, but in order to feed that addiction, I must be frugal in other areas. For example, my hand sanitizer:


There was just a small amount left in one bottle - not enough to reach the bottom of the pump, but too much to just throw away. And yes, I do this with my body lotion as well!

Hey, I gotta save money somewhere, right?

Ok, onto other goings-on. Last night I went to The 5th Avenue Theatre to watch South Pacific. I had high expectations because South Pacific was the first play I ever saw in the theatre when I was 10-years-old and I really liked it. Plus, I keep hearing on the radio how lively and wonderful this revival is.

Yeah, not so much.

We had the understudy for the main character, Nellie. She should've stayed in the chorus where she belongs. She wasn't lively and seemed to be holding back on her movements. Aren't you supposed to exaggerate your movements on stage? However, she did have a beautiful voice.

The actor that played Lieutenant Cable had an amazing voice as well. Very manly and powerful, and he just had a really pleasing tone. But I had a problem with him too. His character was obviously supposed to be the ultimate hunk of a man; and while the actor was tall and slightly muscled, I had this vision of him as a skinny little twerp in grade school. Superficial, I know. But isn't that a big part of show business? Fitting the part both physically and mentally?

Oh well, I should've just closed my eyes and listened to the singing.

1 comment:

ImperfectAnna said...

I am presenting you the Sunshine Award. I linked your blog to my post if you would like to accept. Keep up the great work!