Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm sorry...please define the word "budget"

If ever there was a word that I am deathly afraid of, it would be *cringe*: Budget.

As in a financial budget.

Like, with money.

My brain can't really comprehend the meaning of "living within my means". Unfortunately, at 28-years-old, it is finally time for me to grow up and figure this shit out. So here it is folks. After all of my credit card bills, house bills, food bills, car insurance bills, and gas bills, I have a whopping $300 for my "miscellaneous" expenses. This includes presents, going out to eat, going to AIRobics, and any other lifestyle maintenance paraphernalia such as shaving cream and a woman's "unmentionables".

I don't know about all of you responsible people out there, but I can spend $300 faster than Britney Spears can drop her panties. Let's just say that this is an extreme challenge for me.

It doesn't help that there is always something going on each month. April included my two best friends' birthdays (really guys, you couldn't be born in different months?! Remind me to check birthdays for people I meet that could be potential "friends"). And this month it is Mother's Day and my mother's birthday. Does she really need two days in one month to be recognized? Why couldn't her birthday be in June - oh, wait, that is Father's Day. Ok, why couldn't it be in July? Oh, right, John's birthday. August? Brother's birthday. See what I mean? Always something.

Don't get me wrong, I love my friends and family and I love getting them presents and spending a day to just celebrate them. Unfortunately, my wallet doesn't allow me to express my love for them as freely as I would like. So, to my friends and family that read my blog, don't be surprised if you start getting more "hand-crafted" presents in the upcoming year. It may look like an empty Coke can, but really it is a novelty pen holder - voila! 

So, here is to month number one of my new buuuddgg... Ahem, my new bb-b-bb... *breathe* Here is to my new budget! *and exhale*

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go buy some frivolous items such as dental floss and mouth wash.

1 comment:

germaine said...

lol. you're funny.

i'm the same way- somehow i can manage to afford all the crap i don't really need, but when it comes to the important stuff, i feel like i don't have any money. :)

now i have months to plan for your bday and my mom's bday which are ON THE SAME DAY! how annoying of you to have the nerve to be born on the same day as my mom. i should just have you guys split a gift this year. or maybe i'll get you a gravy boat? hahaha my mom's cute. i'm assuming you still own that among your most prized possessions??? hmmmm???? melanie?????