Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday #16

I was watching The Biggest Loser last night and Ashley had lost four pounds in one week, which, to her, was very disappointing. I don't know about you, but if I lost four pounds in one week, I would be willing to run the risk of being disowned by all of my friends and calling them at 6:00 am to celebrate my four pound achievement. It takes me two months to lose four pounds and it took Ashley a week. I do understand that it is a different situation and that all they do is workout on The BL, whereas I have real life to deal with on top of fitting in a work out.

So, although I didn't lose a staggering four pounds, I am ecstatic about my 1.2 pound weight loss this week! Not acceptable by BL standards, I am sure I would've been voted off, but by my standards, this week was a win. Yay me!

I found that fasting on Monday really did help me get in the mindset of Phase I for South Beach. I really was happy to just be able to put something, anything, in my mouth. I didn't miss a single carb. Of course, this is just the beginning of day two, so we will see how the momentum keeps up.

To help keep the momentum going, I have been searching for good weight-loss blogs and found one that is truly inspiring: Body by Pizza. Love the title already. The truly amazing thing? She has lost 111 pounds in 16 months! No folks, that was not a typo - one hundred and eleven pounds! And she did it the old fashioned way - working out and counting calories.

One of the things that makes me enjoy a blog are the author's personal pictures, and Rachel has some wonderful before and afters and other pictures throughout her entries. I guess I am still a kid and need pictures whenever I am reading something! Another reason I love Rachel's blog is that she is smart. And crass. Her writing, to me at least, is intelligent and witty. Throw in a couple of expletives and I am hooked!

Another aspect of her blog that I like is that she has a list of her monthly weight and how much she had lost overall for that month on her sidebar. I loved that idea and decided to add my own list to my blog. And you know what? It really made me feel like I have accomplished something. Doing a weekly weigh-in is still a must, but sometimes I have really bad weeks and I feel like I should give up because I can't really control my eating habits. But when I see an overall weight-loss for that month (even if it is just one pound) it really does make it worthwhile.

Current Weight: 205.4 lbs.

1 comment:

Pam Harris said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Everything counts--keep at it! Oh, and thanks for sharing about the Body by Pizza blog. I'm on my way there now. :)