Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Here We Go Again!

Desperate times calls for desperate measures. We are back on The South Beach Diet (a.k.a. The Diet or SBD)!

Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to go to the grocery store over the weekend, so I decided to fast yesterday to try and cleanse my system of the BBQ and carb filled weekend I had. Besides, I'm catholic, we like to fast. Also, Lauren put it best when she did the Hollywood 48-Hour Miracle Diet and she said, "It really puts the South Beach Diet into perspective, at least you get to eat on that one!" Boy was she right, all I wanted yesterday was a bite of cauliflower and ranch. But I managed to only drink water and tea yesterday and now it is time to binge on some protein. Go Meat!

My last venture with the diet didn't go so well because I have a tendency to modify the strict Phase I. Although hot wings are low carb, they are not a Phase I approved food, but I managed to make it one. Every single day. But no more cheating!

I also decided to take my measurements and was planning on sharing them on my blog until I saw that my thigh is the equivalent of a slender woman's waist. Maybe I can share them with you after a 50 pound weight-loss.

4 comments:

germaine said...

Stick to it! Go for it! Wedding is creeping up fast!

Unknown said...

Welcome back, Mel! It will be just like old times. Life is better on the BEACH!! And if you really need some hot wings, just sprinkle a little hot sauce on your boneless, skinless chicken breast - you're good to go!

Marquita Hockaday said...

Ugh- the SBD. I must commend you for going that route. I tried it once with my cuz in college, and while I did lose weight, I just handle the restrictions that it sets. More power to ya and good luck!

Pam Harris said...

Go for it! You can do it! :) Now, I need to decide my next plan of attack. I lost weight from playing Wii's Biggest Loser for 12 weeks, took a week off to celebrate, then I went to the doctor on Monday only to discover that I gained like 2 pounds back. What in the world?? I can't even look at a cookie without gaining weight!