Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesdays


Let me first disclose, that weight-loss is a struggle - in every sense of the word. If it wasn't such a struggle for me, personally, then I would look like an Olsen Twin. But here I am, the Olsen Twins times four.


Having said that, I stuck to my 1,500 calorie per day diet pretty well for three days. Then the weekend hit. Then a party on Sunday. Where I ate. And ate. And, yes, ate some more. Obviously, included in my weight struggle is my lack of self-control. Food was there, so I ate.


But I won't let this get me down. Every day is a new day and every meal is a new opportunity for me to be healthy. If I eat a chocolate pancake for breakfast, then I will have a piece of fruit for lunch. I am getting rid of that mentality that I failed on a diet, so why bother trying to be good? It is a new year and my self control will be tested every step of the way. Sometimes I will succeed (like the first three days) and sometimes I will fail (like this past weekend).

And here is why I wrote the big spiel above...


Weight: 217.8 (Yes, I gained four pounds in a week!)
Weight-Loss Reason #2: I am planning on enrolling my daughter in swimming lessons this summer. I don't want to have to wear a scuba suit to cover up.

1 comment:

Pam Harris said...

Don't worry--we all have slip-ups. You have the right attitude. If you fall, dust yourself off and get back on the saddle. I hate being a cliche, but I'm hungry right now and lacking creativity. :) You're also encouraging me to post my weight on my blog, but I think I'm still a bit nervous. You're so brave!