Monday, January 25, 2010

Beauty Is Pain!

Every girl, at some point or another, learns the true meaning of the statement "Beauty Is Pain". For me, it was when I first did any kind of facial waxing. I can't say for sure, but I imagine that waxing your upper lip (eww, no, I am not the bearded lady. Just, you know, a little dusting of peach fuzz) is the equivalent of a man getting socked in the genitalia. It hurts!

But that first lesson of pain is just the beginning because the waxing and the tweezing and working out and all that jazz is never-ending.

I am saying all of this because today was another lesson learned.

I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub about two to three times a week. I have been using this product for several years without any problems.

Until last night.

I hop in the shower and squeeze a little more than a dime-sized portion in the palm of my hand. I scrub away. I scrub my cheeks, my temples, my nose, my forhead, my glabella (how is that for vocabulary?), and even my lips. Then I did something I have never done with this scrub - I used it, ever so gently, on my eyes to slough off some rough patches.

NOWHERE on the back of the bottle does it say anything about avoiding the eye area! Per the back of the tube:

Directions: Moisten face, apply with wet fingertips and massage into skin for about one minute. Rinse well and pat dry. Store at room temperature.

As with most facial cleasners, if product gets into the eyes flush thoroughly with water.

That's it. That's all it says on the back of the product. Ok then - let me be the one to tell you: DO NOT use on the DELICATE eye area!!!

This morning, I woke up and BOTH of my eyelids were swollen! I had to call in today at work and I was horribly embarrassed to say that I wasn't coming in due to two swollen eyelids. My boss must think that I get beaten at home.

2 comments:

Straitjackets are Slimming said...

AHHH! I am allergic to the red dyes in pink and purple eye shadows, after one horrible infection my doc told me product easily permeates the thin skin on your eyelids. I don't put anything there anymore, just mascara and maybe liner just on my lash line, no shadow, creams or even makeup remover. In twenty years I might have to use clothespins to hold those saggy bastards up but at least I won't be blind. Be careful, every eye infection makes them more and more sensitive.

Straitjackets are Slimming said...

Sorry that was awfully preachy. Hope you are better quick, that sounds painful.