Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday

First and foremost, here is my weight-loss plan:

1.) Up my gym days to four days per week instead of three
2.) Only consuming 1,500 calories per day
3.) List a reason each week that I need to lose weight
4.) Post my weight on my blog (EEK!)


Yesterday was Day One of only consuming 1,500 calories per day. It was surprisingly easy - until I got home. I am a receptionist. I sit at my desk all day and snack. Luckily, it was a busy day, so I was too busy to put stuff in my mouth. At home, there is too much temptation! But I managed to stick to 1,500 calories. I am not too excited to have to keep track of everything I eat, but drastic times call for drastic measures!

I also did one hour of cardio at the gym and I am pleased to report that I have lost 1.6 pounds in one day! Which brings me to No. 4 on my weight-loss plan. Let me remind you that I am terrified of sharing this number. But maybe having it posted will make me more accountable to lose the weight and to prove that I can do anything that I set my mind to. Plus, I already posted my picture and all 213.4 pounds of me is gloriously visible for everyone to see - oops! Did I just let my weight slip? Just like that? Well, that wasn't too bad, just like ripping off a Band-Aid!

If Jenn of the Ex-Hot Girl blog can be open enough about posting her weight, then I believe I can too!

So here is my new Weigh-In Wednesday round-up:

Weight: Ok, I already said it once for the entire internet to see, don't make me say it again!
Reason No. 1: I will be a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding in June. Fat is not a good accessory for a dress.

5 comments:

ImperfectAnna said...

You go girl! I'm proud of you for posting your weight. I'm not quite there yet.
Love your statement that "fat is not a good accessory for a dress." I need to remember that when I'm feeling lazy.

Melanie said...

Just do a daily session of Cardioke :)

ImperfectAnna said...

Don't knock it, until you try it. ;)
I highly recommend it, if you are ever have the ability to be alone where nobody can hear you!

LouTenant said...

I need to get back on track too! We should start bringing healthy lunches to share - no more OG! And how have I never heard of cardioke?!?

Pam Harris said...

I'm so glad that I'm not going to be one of the only ones blogging about my weight. :) I just bought Wii Fit Plus as well as the Biggest Loser game. Me and my cousin are literally about to try them out in like 5 minutes. I'll let you know if I recommend it. :)