Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday

Oh happy day! After all my posts on setbacks, I finally have a post in which I can write about some progress! Since last Wednesday, I have lost -

Drum roll please!

SIX POUNDS!

Can you believe it?!

The reason that this weight loss is so surprising is because I didn't go to the gym this past week (I was sick!) and because I was at another birthday party with endless amounts of pizza! However, I did an hour of cardio at the gym last night and for the first time in months, I walked around the neighborhood during my lunch break at work. But the main reason that I think I lost weight is because I did some major cleaning while I was home from work due to swollen eyelids on Monday.

So, my weight-loss tip for you is to clean your house! I am pretty sure I lost the majority of the six pounds by vacuuming my entire house, mopping the kitchen and scrubbing the toilets all while doing the laundry.


Here are my stats thus far:

Weight: 211.8 lbs
Weight-Loss Reason #3: I recently found out that bridesmaid dress sizes are one size smaller than what you regularly wear. Terrific. Even if I lose a dress size, I will have to order a dress size bigger anyway.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melanie you inspire me. Keep up the good work!

Darcey

Pam Harris said...

Six pounds?? That's incredible!! You go girl! I guess I'll be cleaning this weekend. :)