Monday, October 19, 2009

Side Project - Mascara Sampler

One of my favorite materialistic girlie things in the world is makeup. I love makeup. If I had the nerve to wear crazy ass Rhianna-esque type makeup everyday, I would. Sephora is my favorite store in the whole world, and I should work there just for the opportunity to wear unusual makeup on a daily basis.

Now, just because I love makeup doesn't mean I am amazing at it and should take it up as a profession. I do alright for everyday makeup and can sometimes glitz it up pretty well too, but it is not at a professional level by any means.

So, this brings me to my "side project" on this here blog 'o mine. I have desperately been wanting a mascara sampler from Sephora. it has 11 different mascaras from different brands. I am always on the lookout for new wonderful mascaras, so to me, this sampler is the best invention ever!

Everyday that I wear a new mascara, I will take a picture to show the differences between each product. As a starting point, here are my lashes sans mascara (and concealer - eek!).




As you can see, my natural lashes are nothing to covet. A couple of things to keep in mind is that I have a hard time holding the curl in my lashes no matter what mascara it is - curling or otherwise. Also, my lashes are fairly long (they are no Kim Kardashian lashes tough), but they are so thin at the tips it is hard to tell through the pictures - basically, this means that no matter what mascara I am wearing, it will always look like they are lengthening mascaras when really they are just putting some density on my thin lash tips.

Ok, tomorrow's sample is Anastasia's Lash Lifting mascara. Let the mascara sampling begin!!!

1 comment:

germaine said...

I have a hard time keeping my lashes curled too, no matter what. Even if I curl them and use a curling mascara, they always end up straight within a matter of minutes. The only thing that has consistently worked for me is waterproof mascara. I think because the formulation is different, it holds a curl much better and stays put all day. It's not that difficult to remove either. Just a tip!