Thursday, October 15, 2009

Minor Setback

Ok, not doing so well on the goals right now. Had a minor setback on Tuesday. I took a day off to take care of some personal stuff (doctor appointments, flu shots, car stuff). Taking a day off from work is dangerous because I end up going shopping.

After I had my daughter in 2005, I was a stay-at-home mommy for 2 1/2 years. Online shopping was my thing since it was a hassle to get my baby in and out of the car seat all day. But I missed shopping in the stores. I like to try clothes on.

I started shopping during the day, while most people were at work, and it was great. The stores were empty, I didn't have to deal with any lines, the stores were neat and orderly - a shopaholics dream. But this did awful things to my wallet, which I am paying for to this day.

I am still too ashamed of my debt amount to put it out there. Let's just say I have started making minimum payments on my multitude of credit cards, totaling around $530 a month. I still have not made a dent and my credit cards are pretty much maxed out. On Tuesday, I ended up using a total of $346.65 of the available credit I had on a couple of store cards. Dammit!

My problem is that I have this ability of justifying all my purchases, but whether I have the money to buy it never factors in. For example: I found a pair of Cole Haan wedges, originally $229.00, marked down to $89.90, marked down again to $59.90! How could I not buy them?!

Did I have the money for them? No. Did it stop me? Nope. My credit card was practically begging to be used in my purse.

I did experience a bit of buyer's remorse after I saw my bill, but not enough to turn around and return anything.

So, my climbing out of debt goal is is set back $346.65.

My weight loss goal is neutral - neither losing or gaining weight this week.

The book publishing goal is stagnant as well. I have given up on my first book and have two ideas currently brewing in my head.

No comments: