Monday, October 18, 2010

Back to the Grind

Normally, I set my alarm for 6:00. I shower at night, so it takes me about 45 minutes to get ready.

For the last three weeks, I have set my alarm at 5:00 am with the intention of walking on my treadmill for thirty minutes and then having enough time to shower right afterward.

For the last three weeks I have hit the snooze button until 5:45.

But today? Today was a success! I woke up at 5:00 (ok, fine, I hit the snooze button but ended up feeling super guilty so I was up at 5:07) stretched out my hip and started a brisk walk at a 2 incline. I was feeling so good that I decided to jog for two minutes. I haven't done any running in months because of my hip, so I really was surprised that I could jog for a measly two minutes. I probably could've gone longer, but I need to do this in baby steps. I don't want my hip to start hurting again.

My plan: I figure that I am young enough that I should be able to get to bed around 10:30 or 11:00 and still be able to wake up at 5:00 am. A woman at my work goes to bed around 9:30 or 10:00 then wakes up at 4:00 am! And she is twice my age! Well, maybe not quite twice my age, but older. Damn, I think I just inadvertently insulted her. Oh well, she doesn't read my blog.

Now, if only I wouldn't allow myself to get sucked into those Jersey Shore kids until midnight on weekdays...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations!! Way to go for getting up in the morning. I keep saying I'm going to start working out again but so far its only just words.

Unknown said...

Oh but Jersey Shore is SO ADDICTING!!!

I wake up at 5am everyday for work, I couldn't imagine waking up at 4am to work out!!! I am already impressed with your dedication to at least attempt to get up at 5!!!! Good luck!