Tuesday, December 8, 2009

On second thought...

In an attempt to share my work with other writers, I wrote an entry in a forum at Absolute Write. I wrote about how I have this book that I love and want to share with the world and that I am posting it on my blog.

I have since received an overwhelming response of, "Don't do it, stupid, over-eager, beginner writer!" (Don't worry, responses were way nicer than that! But I get the picture.)

Because of their advice, I have chosen not to post my entire book on my blog. I know! I know! I haven't had my blog for that long and I have already broken a promise! Here is my compromise:

I will still post the first two chapters. At that point, if you would still like to read the rest of my book, I will be happy to email it to ya - just send me an email by clicking on my profile picture or "View My Complete Profile", then "Email".

If you are interested in reading the thread that changed my mind on posting my book, go here.

2 comments:

Lisa@saltandlightstudio said...

Mmmhmmm...I just got here and you're already disappointing me...KIDDING!! ;)

I read the thread you linked to, I don't blame you for taking the advice you were given. Don't give up girl! Maybe you'll be able to salvage what you have and maybe you won't but either way those words are worth something to you, even if they never end up being publishable.

I for one am eagerly anticipating whatever nuggets of your book you do choose to share. :)

BlogBaby's BabyMama

Straitjackets are Slimming said...

Yes. I agree. Do not put it all here. I just read the following mix tape post.
I also say put the credit card debt on hold for one more year. You should be published!
(disclaimer: I am in no way qualified to give financial advice or any other sort of advice. I just like your writing.)