Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

Weird things are still happening with this blog. It looks perfectly fine on my laptop, John's laptop, and my brother's laptop. Yet on my work desktop and my netbook, my posts don't show up on my blog's main page. Wonder what is going on that allows some computers to view my blog properly, and others not to. Anyone have an idea?

Back to life, I had mentioned that I would tell you about my Christmas. This was the first year that John and I made Christmas dinner. It was also the first holiday that my mom didn't have to cook so for her, no matter how mediocre the food was, she truly enjoyed this Christmas.

When I say that John and I made Christmas dinner, your knees should've buckled beneath you from shock! John and I aren't cooks. I have a handful of dishes that I can make without a recipe and John has maybe two handfuls. Don't get me wrong, whatever John makes is always yummy, but we really don't cook.

So, Christmas morning, John and I head to the grocery store (I don't recommend grocery shopping on Christmas - it was insane!). While at the store, I had mentioned to John that it sure would've been nice if one of us knew how to cook a ham. His response? There's no time like now to learn!

Uh, actually, John, there are better times to learn how to cook something new other than Christmas day, but whatever, it's his show. So, there we are on aisle 12 and John calls his mom over in Maryland asking how to bake a ham. His mom gives us some tips and, lo and behold, we have a beautiful, delicious ham!

Among other things that we made: deviled eggs, pigs in a blanket, stuffing with cranberries and water chestnuts, hashbrown casserole, fried chicken and corn on the cob. Have I mentioned that all this food was for four adults and one child?! The food was definitely not your traditional Christmas dinner, but it was stuff that John and I knew how to make.

The result of this hard work? I am happy to report to you that no one got sick from food poisoning and overall, the food was delish!

This holiday season definitely was detrimental to my weight loss goals, but there is always the New Year!

No comments: