Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Julie & Julia and LC Too!

I just got done watching Julie & Julia. Surprise, surprise, I run to my computer and start up my blog again after a week's absence.

I really enjoyed this movie, and I think it would be a wonderful movie for anyone that is an avid blogger or someone who wants to publish a book. It is inspiring. I almost wish that I had watched the movie on New Year's so that I could kick off the new year with some motivation!

But this will have to do.

I have this entire week off of work and I had such visions in my head of writing for seven days straight. Unfortunately, life got in the way and I haven't done any writing; I mean, just look at the gap between this post and the last one. A lot of it has to do with the holidays. Like everyone else, it has been a busy time for me, getting ready for Christmas and all (I will tell you all about it soon).


The one non-Christmas thing I did manage to do was pick up my held copy of Lauren Conrad's L.A. Candy. I have been so curious about it, just not enough to actually go out and buy the book. I was super excited when I got an email from the library that my book is ready to be picked up. I started reading it today at the gym. I was a little embarrassed, being a nearly 30-year-old holding a book by LC of Laguna Beach/The Hills fame. It is pretty hard to hide the fact that it is her book seeing as how her name is in 72 font on the front cover and her face is plastered over the entire back of the book.





But dammit, if my book got published, I would stick a poster size picture of my face on the back too!


So I started the book and got to page 37 before I was interrupted. I would like to declare that, page for page, I am pretty sure my book is better than hers. There, I said it - my book is better than LC's! But, she got her book published. Game, set, win - LC. I am still going to read the entire book (even though I am bitter) because it is good research for my second novel.


Let's see how much LC can teach me.

No comments: