Tuesday, July 13, 2010

You know you are a fatty if...

I thought I would open today's post with my own version of Jeff Foxworthy's "You know you're a redneck if..." because of all the incidents I have had lately regarding my, um, how shall I put it? Largeness. So, you know you are a fatty if...

... family that hasn't seen you in a while tell you how much weight it looks like you have lost, but you are still not able to fit in your bridesmaid dress.

... the person behind the counter at the new burger joint advises not to get the mozzarella sticks you just ordered for your table in addition to the meals.

... your 4-year-old daughter's response to you not having a bathing suit is, "You need to buy a baybing suit in your size. Ok, Mommy? Get one that will fit your big belly, ok?"

If you have experienced any of the above, then I am sorry to tell you that yes, you are a fatty. But that can always be changed!

I went to boot camp yesterday for the first time in three weeks. It was pretty brutal. I was glad to see that although I hadn't done any running in three weeks, I was still able to complete a lap without stopping, while holding weighted balls - 13 pounds to be exact! Today, my quads are killing me and I am doing a great imitation of an 80-year-old woman everytime I try to stand up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Unbelievable! They really told you NOT to order cheese sticks?! How rude!

ImperfectAnna said...

Thank you for your text the other day. It really meant a lot to my mom and I. I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier, but as I'm sure you can guess, things are pretty crazy right now. And I'm also out of text and minutes on my phone for another day or two!

My mom is doing better already, and she's not going to let anything stop her. But she'll take all the thoughts and prayers she can get right now.

You look absolutely beautiful in the wedding picture below. Red is definitely your color. And next time someone tells you not to order mozzarella sticks, order two baskets! Some people are so lame.

Today is my first day of a little break and relaxation. I'm glad I could read your blog; it always makes me smile.