Monday, July 12, 2010

100th Post!

I feel like a television show with a special new episode to celebrate the big 100!

Anyway, to comemorate this blog milestone, I have decided to introduce a new blog format. I was inspired a little while ago by Pam  when she changed it up on her old blog and dedicated each day to a specific topic. I am not saying that I am guaranteeing a post every day, but with a specific structure I may be able to post more often. As you have noticed, I have been a poor blogger and hopefully this new format will get me out of my blogging rut. 

Lately, all I have been blogging about is my weight. But there is more to me than my weight issues. I have issues. Lots of issues. So let me share them with you!

Ok, here is what I am thinking would be a fun new format:

Monday
Mondays are usually just about work for me, so I have no creativity in me. I think I will take Mondays to write about goals I may have for the week, or share stories about my family, friends and other miscellaneous stuff. Hey, Miscellaneous Monday! I do love myself some alliteration!

Tuesday
I am hoping to write more about, well, writing! Still haven't gotten into the swing of things, but I will include anything from books I am currently reading (which is none right now), writing I have done (which is none right now), and maybe even a little about books turned movies/TV shows. Basically anything related to reading, writing, and/or publishing.

Wednesay
Wednesdays will remain as "Weigh-In Wednesdays". I haven't really weighed myself in a week or so and was up quite a bit the last time I did. It will be interesting/terrifying to see what my "official" weight will be this Wednesday.

Thursday
I actually despise Thursdays. I have always felt like Thursday was a big tease. See, Monday and Tuesday is so early in the work week that I don't even think about when the weekend is coming. Wednesdays are about the same for me. No big deal. But Thursdays are just such a big tease! You are thisclose to the weekend, but not quite there yet.

So, to get me out of the Thursday Blues, I figure I would post about stuff I love! For those of you that hate materialistic people, you will need to opt out for these posts, because it will likely be about fabulous things I find on the internet or some divine purchase I just made. I love stuff!

Friday
Fridays will be my "If I Was A Stick" day. As in Mary-Kate and Ashley Olson skinny. To motivate myself to lose weight, I have always talked about things I would do or what I would wear if I were skinny. Boy would I be active and social if I was slim.

There you have it, my tentative new blogging format. I will likely deviate from time to time, but hey, it's my blog, right? Nothing is written in stone and I am certainly open to suggestions. I think I will start this new format next week. Ah, nothing like a good make-a-plan-then-procrastinate combination.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep, you definitely need to start blogging more!