Tuesday, August 10, 2010

'S On Like Donkey Kong!

I have been in a funk lately. A diet/exercise/health funk. I struggle with this constantly.

Since my brother's wedding way back in June, I have checked out of living healthy. I have since gained back a little over 10 pounds. I am shamed.

I realized that I needed something other than the idea of having a fit body to motivate me because, frankly, that just seems so out of reach right now. I tried to tell myself to lose 20 pounds by my birthday in September, hoping that would put me back on track. Nope. Didn't work.

But alas! I have some crazy co-workers that have decided to join me in my weight-loss journey. We are starting a small office pool (right now it consists of two other co-workers and one of their boyfriends). A Biggest Loser type of contest.

Each contestant buys-in for $50 and the goal is to lose the highest percentage of body weight in one month. On September 10th the winner gets the cashola! We may have a couple more people that will enter who will have to weigh in tomorrow and their last day will be September 11th.

I am super excited and this contest really did the trick to motivate me. My inspiration for the month? Why, none other than Miss Jennifer Hudson!




To close this post, I am going to have to do a dreaded weight recap (eek!)

Current Weight: 206.0 lbs. (The Horror!!!)

No comments: